Some users have expressed a desire to remove SmartByte from their systems.
If you would still prefer to uninstall SmartByte, you can do so by following these steps:
- Right-click Start and click Apps and Features.
- Scroll until you find any application with “SmartByte” in the name listed in your Apps and Features menu.
- Click each “SmartByte” entry and click Uninstall, then follow the prompts to uninstall the application.
- Repeat with any other “SmartByte” entries in your Apps and Features menu.
- If you use Dell’s automatic update utility, make sure SmartByte is deselected in that utility if you do not wish the utility to reinstall SmartByte.